LOVE versus LOVE











Someone once said, “Guns don’t kill people, daddies with pretty little girls do.” I began to ponder on this person’s conclusion until I realized that there must have been at least a premise upon which the conclusion was drawn, an antecedent that prompted this assertion. There must have been an experience that had happened time and time again and that has refused to fizzle out with time. The experience of a parenting that is or was full of unalloyed love and care, a nurturing and upbringing that can never be forgotten in the space of time. This pattern of father-to-daughter relationship would have been so cordial and would have created a vacuum in the daughter’s pacemaker that only the father can fit into and which synchronizes their hearts to beat as one.
This person in his/her adventure might have encountered a father who never for once leaves her daughter alone, who does not joke with her, a father that can kill for her daughter. A father like a mother, who bathes her pretty little daughter, robs his hand all over her body and cuddles her with great affection. A father who plaits her daughter’s tender hair and watches it has it grows full and long. There are some fathers who stick so close than a mother, who listen so attentively than a friend. He refrains from using his hand on her even when she deserves it. He sings nursery rhymes at bed time and watches her as she enters into the dreamland. She’s afraid of being alone and sometimes creeps into his room at night coz she is monophobic. He takes her to school and brings her back in the afternoon. He does not like taking ice cream but he has no choice Coz she insisted they take it together. He never wants to see her cry; a selfless life he has got.
I don’t want us to lose focus of our initial conclusion, “Guns don’t kill people, daddies with pretty little girl do.” This does not mean that daddies with pretty little girls are armed killers or Gun-carriers, if they were, then many of our dads would have been charged for murder. This simple paronomasic metaphor means that daddies with pretty little girls are so engrossed with the joy of having such a lovely and charming daughter that they shower immeasurable and unreserved love and affection on their little angel to the extent of even feeling insecure and jealous about their daughter. This feeling of insecurity and protective jealousy can be so detrimental, deadening and choking to the little girl as she grows. The pampering might leave a detrimental effect on her, the philosophy that “she is still a little girl even after her tenth birthday, I don’t want her to cry, I just want to make her happy,” can leave the girl uncultured, untamed, unruly, lazy, self-reliant, father-dependent, and overly proud throughout her life. He loved her but he destroyed her.
In my own little adventure through the face of the earth, I have seen so many things, I have heard so many love stories, I have been loved and have reciprocated love but none of these, will change my opinion about a love that I once encountered and that I have afterwards felt and seen every day. A love that is so captivating yet liberating, a love that pampers yet chastise, it is not restricted to my pacemaker but has been shed abroad in my heart, through my vessels even to my chromosomes. Every other love I encountered were based on “give and take” reasons.  If I can’t reciprocate, then I can’t be loved.  But, this love is exceptional, I have not loved back enough yet the love endures and remains steadfast with exceptional patience; once given, it can never be taken back, there is no paying back you can’t fully comprehend it let alone quantify. The lover does kill the loved because the love itself is life in abundance and every good thing is embedded in it. The lover is not insecure, because he has given you freewill to love him and others. The love will keep you, feed you, pray for you, provide for you, watch over you, make you happy, care for you. It will even pamper you but will never make you unruly, uncultured, untamed, lazy, self-reliant, human-dependent, and proud because it constrains; it teaches the right way to live peaceably with all men. It teaches to respect higher authorities even when you don’t have to, it teaches to be diligent in all your endeavors. It will put you on top of the world yet so lowly in heart without a shade of pride. This love can make you look foolish just to confound the wise, it can as well make you very wise to abuse and correct every foolish talks. 
This love is amazing, incomparable; it is immeasurable, unquantifiable and cosmopolitan. It fills the whole earth yet resides in our heart. I can keep on describing and expounding without coming to the end of it because it has no end. It is ever-existing and everlasting. The love of God is so unique and precious; I just can’t tell it all. I wonder why He loves me so much but wonder shall never end. Even when I wander from this love, He meanders me back into his glorious presence with great love, mercy and wonder.
I don’t know what kind of love you might have experience or the kind you wish to experience but I am glad to tell you that the father’s love is greater than what you can ever ask, think or imagine. If you have been experiencing this love, I celebrate you but you have not seen anything, more of this love experience is coming your way, don’t lose focus, trust him more, bring others to the same love experience and the father of light in whom there is no variableness nor a shadow of turning will keep your heart in love even until his appearing. And, if you have not been experiencing this kind of love, I also have good news for you, the love that you seek, the love that I write about, is near you, even in your heart, just give yourself to it, surrender all, accept it, believe it and you will experience it.

  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE LONG MESSIANIC DREAM

THE ARK OF GOPHER

The heart of a Mother